The purpose of the Globally Harmonized System is to standardized how we communicated about chemical hazards in the workplace. In this course you will learn about Safety Data Sheets and Pictograms, as well as potential physical and health effects of hazardous chemicals, and what workers can do to make everyday a safe day at work.
To enable employees to recognize and understand the required elements of their company’s written hazard communication program, including how to identify and evaluate chemical hazards using Safety Data Sheets and chemical labels.
The learner will:
· Recognize the purpose, scope and elements of the hazard communication standard.
· Identify how chemical hazards are determined.
· Identify the purpose of a Safety Data Sheet, and its components.
· Identify chemicals and their hazards through company labeling and warning practices.
· Identify chemicals and their hazards, through labeling and warning practices.
· Recognize the physical and health hazards inherent with hazardous chemicals.
· Recognize the information and training required by OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard.